Monday, June 11, 2012

British Life and Culture - #5

Today was the first day of class! I am the only person in Hampden House who is taking the SDVM class and not the museum class so I had to walk to Dilke House by myself this morning. I left about 25 minutes early just to give myself enough time to find it. I took out the little map they gave us and followed it all the way there. I eventually found it after stopping a couple times. (On the way back, I realized there was a much less complicated way so I think I'll start using that route.)

The class was interesting and got me so excited to visit stores. We learned a little bit about what visual merchandising was and looked at examples. Then we talked about our assignment for tomorrow at Selfridges, which I'm so excited about partly because I've already researched the store for my presentation. After class, Haley and I walked back to the Sainsbury grocery store for lunch. I got a chicken salad and bacon sandwich that she's been raving about.

Then I went back to my flat and met up with Emily, Anna, Kelsey, and Mary. We left to go find Emily's internship before her interview tomorrow. I thought it was going to be relatively close but it ended up being pretty far away so hopefully it'll help Emily that we found it beforehand. Once we found it, we turned right back around to the tube station and headed to Oxford Street.

We were going to Primark to find a cheap pair of jeans for Anna and I. After a couple tube rides and walking several blocks down Oxford Street, we finally found it! We walked in and were immediately so overwhelmed by all the people there. Every single store is so full like it's Christmas or something. People must really shop a lot here. It's probably just all of the tourists for the Olympics. We all decided we wanted to come back another time when it wasn't so crowded because we each saw something we would've liked to try on or buy. I saw about a million.

Tomorrow I'm going to Selfridges at 11am for class and it's only about a block away from Primark so I think I might go there again after class.

No comments:

Post a Comment