Sunday, July 15, 2012

British Life and Culture - #22 Last one!!

Last night I started watching Made in Chelsea, which is like the British version of The Hills. A bunch of people on this trip have been watching it and talking about how good it was. I hadn't had a chance to watch it yet but last night I finally did and I loved it! They show all parts of Chelsea on the show and it just so happens that I went to Chelsea today!!


Kelsey had been planning a celebration for Emily and Lindsay's birthdays for a while now. Because Emily was obsessed with the show, she's been wanting to go to Chelsea and hadn't been able to yet. She also found this tea place called The Chelsea Teapot and really wanted to go there. At the beginning of the trip, she told us she wanted to go do afternoon tea for her birthday. So Kelsey made a reservation for a bunch of girls at The Chelsea Teapot. 


It was a surprise for the girls so we all had to go there separately. There wasn't a tube station near it so we had to take the tube to Sloane Street and walk down King's Road. I think it was about a 2 mile walk to get there! Once we found it, we went inside and there was a room set up for us downstairs. It was such a cute place. The walls and furniture were all pastels and it was decorated so cute. There was gorgeous china set all around the table so of course we all took a million pictures of it.


After tea, everyone split up. I wanted to go back to Spitalfields Market to get a scarf I had seen there a few weeks ago. I tried to go yesterday but the website said the market isn't open on Saturdays. We didn't have anything to do for the rest of the day so I thought this would be a perfect time to go, especially since this was our last weekend here.


I made it to Spitalfields and went straight to the booth that had the scarfs. Apparently I was lucky because she told me she ran out of the scarfs a few weeks ago and just got them back in. I looked around a little but some booths were already packing up because they were about to close in 30-45 minutes. Then I picked up some dinner from the grocery store and headed back to the flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment